Learn about how to download videos, and review the steps below to resolve your issue.
Re-download videos on brand new devices
If you recently got a new device, you'll need to re-download any videos that you want to watch. Videos are not transferred to other devices, even if you're signed into the same account. Video downloads are specific to each device.
Check that your membership hasn't expired
Make sure your YouTube Premium membership has not expired. You can double check at youtube.com/paid_memberships.
Check that you're signed into YouTube Premium
Make sure you're signed in to the Google account associated with your YouTube Premium membership:
- Try signing out and back in to the account associated with YouTube Premium.
- Check that you see the YouTube Premium logo (instead of the YouTube logo). In the YouTube mobile app or on your computer, you should see the YouTube Premium logo in the top-left corner of your app or browser.
Using YouTube on a smart TV?
- Make sure you're signed in on your TV to the account associated with your YouTube Premium membership.
- If you're casting to TV, make sure you're signed in on both the TV and the computer or device you're using.
- If you're using Google Home, make sure you're signed in to the correct account in the Google Home app.
Contact support & submit product feedback
If you're still having trouble, contact support. When contacting support, mention the following:
- Do you see an error message?
- Where does it show and what is the exact text? Include a screenshot, if possible.
Send product feedback to YouTube:
- You can also submit feedback about your issue. You won't get a response, but your feedback will be shared with YouTube.
- To send product feedback, select your profile photo Feedback in YouTube.
- Make sure to check the box for "System logs" to help us better understand your issue.