The University of Waterloo has two main web interfaces for email
Microsoft 365 email
The majority of University of Waterloo students, employees and alumni use Microsoft 365 email, a cloud-based email and calendar service provided by Microsoft Office 365 Education.
- About Microsoft 365 email and how to access your account
- Learn more about the M365 apps you have access to
- See Review M365 support articles
A small number of staff, faculty, and generic accounts still use the Outlook Web App (OWA) for access to on-premises Microsoft Exchange Server system. Learn more about using Connect.
Important notes about email at Waterloo
- If you are corresponding with other members of the University community, it is expected that you use your University of Waterloo account (email@example.com). See Official Student Email Address.
- Visit the IST Service Catalogue for information about Microsoft Office 365 Education, including training and support resources.
- Beware of phishing attacks and other suspicious emails. The University of Waterloo will never send you an email asking for personal information or passwords. Phishing emails are designed to steal your identity. They ask for personal data, or direct you to websites or phone numbers to call, where they ask you to provide personal information (such as name, address, account information, passwords, etc...).
- See the Guidelines on Use of Email for more information and other recommendations.