Main | Join | Procedures (SOPs) | Leadership (Resources) | Meetings | Website | FAQ
Welcome to the Mozilla Reps program wiki. Reps are passionate Mozillians who mobilize and develop functional and local/regional communities. They are committed to empowering others to contribute to Mozilla projects.
Reps are passionate Mozillians who mobilize and develop functional and local/regional Mozilla communities. They are committed to educate and empower people to support Mozilla’s mission and contribute to the project based on Mozilla’s leadership agreements 2.
Reps are community coordinators interested in:
- finding and connecting new talent with Mozilla projects they are contributing to
- developing communities on a functional or local level
- supporting local communities and Mozilla to have an effective and decentralized environment for contribution
- creating collaborations with adjacent communities to spread Mozilla’s mission and expand Mozilla’s outreach in the open source ecosystem
- collecting local knowledge from Mozilla communities to inform and inspire Mozilla’s strategy, activities and priorities
Reps are not a power structure over other Mozillians; instead, they are here to help, empower and inspire people to contribute to Mozilla projects.
The Reps Program is open to everyone above 18 years of age who have been contributing to Mozilla for at least 6 months. Following are the benefits of joining the Reps Program:
- Access to a global community which includes people from many different countries and cultural backgrounds
- Direct support from Mozilla to help you empower others in your region to advance Mozilla’s goals
- Opportunity to help your local community grow
- Grow your leadership and communication skills and build networks with new people from many different countries around the globe
- Amplify Mozilla’s impact in your local region and functional area.
An open and community-driven program
The Mozilla Reps program is open to anyone who is:
- passionate about the Mozilla Project
- knowledgeable of the Mozilla organization, its mission, its products and its community
- willing to communicate to as many people as possible and keen to inspire people to contribute to Mozilla
Although anyone can sign-up to become a Mozilla Rep, that doesn't mean you automatically become a Mozilla Rep after submitting your application. Because Mozilla Reps are entrusted with new responsibilities and special tools to speak on Mozilla's behalf, to manage budgets, events and swag, each application is carefully reviewed by the Reps Onboarding Team and each applicant, if shortlisted, must pass a short interview before officially becoming a Mozilla Rep.
Anyone applying to become a Mozilla Rep goes through three easy steps before officially becoming a Rep. Learn more about the application process.
Find a Rep
Please visit the Member page in Reps Community Portal
Structure and Governance
The Mozilla Reps program is a community-driven program that empowers hundreds of Mozillians around the world. It is managed by Mozillians (volunteers and paid staff) for Mozillians. The program's organizational structure ensures that the program runs efficiently, transparently, and in a participative/collaborative way.
Learn more about the structure and governance of the ReMo program.
The Mozilla Reps program is a work in progress and constantly evolving/improving thanks to its open and participatory nature. All Mozilla Reps are actively encouraged to participate in the design and planning of the program by regularly checking and updating the Reps GitHub issues and discussing on our Discourse forum.
If you have a specific question or if you just want to learn more about the program, one of the members of the Mozilla Reps council at reps-council [AT] mozilla [DOT] com
You're also strongly encouraged to reach out to other Mozilla Reps for any questions you may have or ideas you may want to share: You can find all the communication channels on the Wiki.