Welcome! We’re glad you’re here!
If you’ve ever wanted to start or grow a podcast, then this is the course for you.
We’ll give you all the key skills you need to get underway as you create a show that you are proud of. Take it at your own pace as you follow the easy to digest lessons taught by some of the most seasoned podcasters on the internet. We’ll guide you through the process right from generating your first idea to launching your show and then we’ll give you suggestions on how you can grow it from there.
Expect to be challenged! Our goal is to make you a podcasting pro by the end of this course.
In this course, you’ll discover:
- Come up with a podcast idea that is fun to make and attracts an audience
- Find out what equipment you’ll need and how to sound great without spending a fortune
- Learn how to record face to face and remote interviews and how get the best from your guests
- Learn to edit your podcast. Everything is explained in detailed videos
- Then learn how to build a community and monetise your podcast
After completing this course, you’ll walk away with:
- A podcast of your own which is launched online for people to enjoy.
Each module is broken up into easily digestible lessons, and each lesson will be presented by a different host. In each lesson you’ll be learning new techniques that you then put into practise in the homework as you develop your show.
We really, really hope you’ll enjoy this course.
Get ready to launch a show people want to hear!
This course won’t be covering:
- Advanced editing – We’ll show you enough to give you a solid start so that you can launch your show but there is always more to learn.
- Building your audience beyond the basics – There are thousands of techniques you can try
UPDATE: Spotify has announced that the podcast platform Anchor.FM is being moved to Spotify for Podcasters. You may find references to Anchor.FM throughout this course and on forum content due to its popularity. We’ll be updating the course as soon as possible. In the meantime you’ll now want to log in to Spotify for Podcasters.
The tools you’ll need:
For maximum success with this course, you’ll need:
- A computer with internet access
- A commitment to completing the assignments, all at your own pace
- A basic understanding of the WordPress software, dashboard and features (or a willing, learn as you go, mindset)
Before diving into our courses be sure to review the information covered within our Resources Hub to set yourself up for the most success with achieving your goals! The Resources Hub includes the pages listed below, plus a glossary, frequently asked questions (FAQs), and more!
- Most links will open in the same tab you’re on, unless they are for something external (such as YouTube or Zoom). You can choose to open any link in a new tab by right clicking on it, or press “command+click” on Mac and “control+click” on Windows.
- Images are not clickable. To open a larger version of an image, right click and open it in a new tab.
On this page you’ll find guidance on tips on using the site, obtaining help, setting up a new account or site, and establishing realistic expectations.
Three primary branches define WordPress: WordPress VIP↗︎, the official managed host tailored for enterprise businesses; WordPress.org↗︎, the resource center for open-source software used for self-hosted sites (though it offers the software for free, it doesn’t provide hosting); and WordPress.com, the official managed host for WordPress sites.
This little corner of the WordPress.com Learn site is where you can find information and documentation on using the Education Community Forum. This is our community, and we hope to see folks asking questions and sharing ideas.
The biggest thing we ask is that all visitors treat each other and our staff with respect. Pretend you are sitting across from another user or staff member. Be polite! Rude or insensitive behavior will not be tolerated. For more information, please see our Code of Conduct section.
WordPress is a dynamic, open source software that loves to keep us all on our toes with updates. These updates can bring changes to how things look and work, and from time to time there might be some differences you come across in our lessons. But fear not! We’re fully committed to keeping you updated.
In the page linked below we include information of anything you might encounter in our courses that differs from what you’ll see in your current site. Once we have updated the course materials, the information will be removed.
In case you spot any discrepancies or have questions, as our students and valued partners, we encourage you to reach out to us in our Education Community Forum. Your feedback is essential in helping us stay in sync with the latest developments. We’ll do our best to address any concerns promptly, providing guidance or updates as needed. Together, we’re on a mission to ensure your learning experience is smooth and enjoyable! Thank you for understanding and collaborating with us on this exciting journey.
We’d love to learn more about you!
We offer a survey at the beginning and end of each course. By completing this survey at the start of the course, you help us to understand what your expectations are of the courses we’re providing. By completing the survey at the end of the course, you help us to understand if we have met those expectations and what areas we can improve on.
Please complete the optional survey below or share your thoughts, questions, or suggestions with us in the Education Community Forum.