Advice for journalists
Information for media on setting up interviews and arranging filming on campus.
Across the University’s Faculties of Engineering & Design, Humanities & Social Sciences, Science and our School of Management, we have experts available who can comment on a wide variety of topics:
- If you are a journalist and are looking for informed, academic voices please contact the University Press Office who can assist.
- You can also search our online database to learn more about our researchers, their interests and expertise.
- For all University-related media requests please contact the press office in the first instance.
For live or pre-recorded broadcast interviews:
- We have an ISDN line (+44-1225-789781) on campus and can set up interviewees for broadcast interviews for radio with notice. Please liaise with the press office to book.
- We also have Skype facilities set up ready for live TV interviews.
Filming on campus
- The press office will assist teams filming news stories related to Bath research and expertise on campus. This can include: suggesting appropriate filming locations; liaison with academics or other interviewees; informing relevant people and Departments who may otherwise be disrupted; securing parking (where possible) and meeting on arrival.
- Please note that all requests related to the Sports Training Village and University of Bath-based athletes need to be directed to the Team Bath Press Office.
- For production companies wishing to use the University campus as a backdrop for a commercial project please contact our Conferences and Events team via email@example.com.
Advice on getting here
- The postcode for the University of Bath is BA2 7AY.
- The press office can advise on best filming locations which may determine where best to park on campus. Normally we will direct you to either the East or West carparks.
- Find out more about getting here
Nearest TV studios
- For national or international media please note the nearest TV studios (BBC, ITV) are in Bristol. It can take up to one hour to get from the University to these studios for TV interviews.
- There is a BBC radio studio in the centre of Bath on Kingsmead Square.