I’m having problems with my username
Page updated: 2 December 2016
Here are a few things to check:
1. Check it’s formatted correctly, without any spaces or typos.
2. Try entering your email address instead. We’ve changed the way BBC accounts work, so anyone aged 13 or over now has to sign in with their email address, not a username. If that works, remember to use your email address whenever you sign in from now on.
3. Are you sure you’re entering the username you used to register with the BBC?
4. You may have registered using your Facebook or Google+ account. We've updated our system and don’t support these anymore, so you need to add your email address to your BBC account. Here’s how to do that:
- On the page where you sign in, click "Having trouble signing in?"
- Choose "I normally sign in with my Facebook or Google+"
- Follow the instructions to add your email address to your BBC account
- Then use your email address next time you sign in.
Are you aged 13 or over?
Usernames are now only for people who are under 13. Anyone aged 13 or over now needs to sign in with their email address instead.
So if you’re 13 or over and are having trouble signing in with your username, try entering your email address instead. You may have added it to your BBC account on a previous visit.