Institutional Review Board
Welcome to the NDNU Institutional Review Board (IRB) website. The NDNU IRB safeguards the rights and welfare of human research participants for research conducted in association with NDNU. To this end, the IRB is obligated and authorized to:
- Ensure that participants are adequately informed of the nature of the study;
- Ensure that participation is voluntary;
- Ensure that the benefits of a study outweigh its risks;
- Ensure that the risks and benefits of the study are evenly distributed among the possible participant populations; and
- Suspend human participant activity that violates regulations, policies, procedures, or an approved protocol, and report such violation and suspension to the provost of the university.
Members of IRB Committee
- John Astin, PhD.; Lu Chang, Ed.D.; Jeff Charles, Ph.D.; Lesley Higgins, Ph.D.; Samuel Johnson Jr., MA; Kim Tolley, Ed.D.
John Astin, Chair, NDNU IRB Committee
Faculty, Psychology Department
School of Education and Psychology
Caryl Hodges, Ed.D.
Dean, School of Education and Psychology